- Love Out Loud-Cinema is voyeuristic in essence. Only when we watch movies it is ok to stare at a face, study all the details of a body and want to see all the details of lovemaking. In virtual reality, this goes a step further as your audience is put inside the action. This talk explores the reasons why we crave watching other people’s most intimate moments and how this can be translated into the immersive world of virtual reality using the erotic VR experience “Viens!” as an example.
- -Li Alin is an interdisciplinary artist presenting art works questioning evolution strategies and human reproduction. In this talk she presents her body of work Enter Me Tonight (EMT), which questions the patronizing of human reproduction by patriarchal societies.
- -How can VR be used to combat censorship in oppressive regimes and what are the challenges of VR documentary storytelling in the future
- Science Fiction-We are sensory beings, constantly taking in information to form our perception of the world around us. Yet our major forms of storytelling often only speak to our eyes and our ears. The Feelies creates multisensory VR content that speaks to all your senses, and is working on how this can be used for social cohesion and more empathetic, emotive storytelling.
- Media Convention-Connecting the physical community, industry, and city networks of Berlin – Startup Germany e.V., VR NOW CON, and Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg GmbH have joined forces. Together these players created a new, multi-faceted program and platform called “Tech Rally: VR NOW CON” to launch the next generation of VR software and hardware realities made in the EU.
Die Community, die Branche, die Netzwerke der Stadt – um die europäische VR-Community derart zu vernetzen, haben sich Startup Germany e.V., VR NOW CON und Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg GmbH zusammengetan. Zusammen haben sie eine Plattform entwickelt, die die verschiedensten Facetten der Zukunft findet und zusammenbringt: “Tech Rally: VR NOW CON Edition”. Mit dieser Plattform entdecken wir die Zukunft europäische VR-Tech-Unternehmen.
- -Since the launch of HTC Vive, Oculus Rift or Google Cardboard, Virtual Reality (VR) is widely used in artistic practice. Not only artists working with the digital deal with the new medium, also many artists from other fields e.g. performance of sculpting discover VR as a medium to extend and enhance their artistic ideas.
- Media Convention-Media are losing context and are perceived as singular bits of content in various environments: notifications, assistants, messenger, voice control, alternate reality and public displays. Which role will established brands and corporations play in the future? How are media perceived, and how is content consumed?
- -Erzählen im 21. Jahrhundert: Für Virtual Reality gibt es weder Regeln noch festgelegte Formate. Experimentieren, erforschen, erleben - jede Produktion kommt einem Prototypen gleich.
- -Why is the body the ultimate factor for emotional immersion in virtual, mixed and augmented reality?
A panel to think and formulate frames for projects within the Performersion 2018.
The Performersion is a workshop-centered cooperation between the Performing Arts Programm Berlin and the re:publica and will take place in 2018 and 2020 after its successfull first edition in 2016.
- Media Convention-Virtual Reality projects use new narrative techniques to tell us something new. Good stories and experiences following storytelling, however, are still rare. How do you tell a story in VR? What does it take to guide users through a space?