Update: Thanks to all applicants. We have filled the position.
We are looking to fill an internship position starting 1 July 2017. Candidates should be enthusiastic and interested in themes focusing on the Internet & digital society and be prepared to support the programme planning and editorial team for re:publica Dublin (7-8 September 2017) and re:publica Thessalonki (11-13 September 2017). As a member of a dedicated team, you'll gain numerous insights into and experience in organising large-scale projects.
re:publica has become one of the world's most important festivals for the digital society. Its 11th instalment in May 2017 brought over 9,000 guests to Berlin. Every year, re:publica brings together activists, coders, artists, business people and representatives from many other spheres of life. In 2016 we celebrated our first re:publica in Dublin. This year we are revisiting the Irish capital and will also head for the pulsing city of Thessaloniki in Greece.
Supporting the preparation and production of re:publica Dublin und re:publica Thessaloniki in September 2017.
You will support us on:
- Event management and production (on location)
- Corresponding with event partners
- Researching themes/topics and speakers
- Writing blog posts
- Analysing our Call for Participation
- Event programme planning
- Corresponding with speakers
- Affinity with re:publica's themes and ethos (ideally you have already attended re:publica)
- Basic knowledge and technical interest in CMS
- Organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Independent, motivated, creative and a good team mentality
- Very good English language skills; native English language candidates with a very good level in German are more than welcome to apply
- available for travels to Dublin an Thessaloniki in September
What we offer you:
- Working on one of the most exciting conferences on Internet and digital society
- A great working atmosphere with dedicated colleagues and interesting projects
- A great network
- Flexible working hours
- Office location in the heart of Berlin, as well as stays in Dublin and Thessaloniki
This is a 3-month (1 July – 30 September) full- time internship. The position is remunerated and is advertised as a mandatory internship requirement for a degree programme. If you are interested and/or would like to know more, please send your questions or CV/resume (please no photo included), as well as a short cover letter to: alexandra(at)re-publica.de – or call us at: +49 30 92105 989.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Photo credit: re:publica/Jan Michalko(CC BY-SA 2.0)