How do I get to the re:publica? Just ask Alexa!
When das the re:publica finally start, on which stage does Chelsea Manning give her talk and who’s Sascha Lobo? If you own an Amazon Echo device, you now can just ask Alexa!
Alexa is a voice-controlled personal assistant developed by Amazon for their brand of smart speakers called Amazon Echo. Users can access different features via voice interaction and for example ask about the weather, set a timer or play music.
For the first time Berlin-based software development agency Evenly has developed an Alexa skill for the #rp18. With it you can:
- Get information about the location and date of the re:publica
- Get information about sessions, speakers and tracks
- Find out if a certain session is streamed live or recorded
- Tune in live into different stages
- Listen to live streams or recorded sessions with your Amazon Echo device
The re:publica Alexa skill stays relevant even after the conference: users can ask if a certain session was recorded and play the recording per voice command directly on their Amazon Echo device.
Find here more infos about the skill.
Evenly is a consultancy managed by its owners and based in Berlin-Kreuzberg. Evenly is developing mobile, TV und voice software for clients like ARTE, the Berliner Philharmoniker, funk (Junges Angebot von ARD und ZDF), Grammofy and Skarabeos.