Fortunately, it is still within our power to influence the future direction of healthcare innovation. Yet, to do so, we must ask ourselves five fundamental questions that speak to the primary ethical dilemmas in medicine today.
- How important is the privacy of my medical history?
- Am I comfortable knowing the disease that may end my life?
- Do I want to determine my unborn children's risk of disease?
- How much is my life worth? And the lives of my family?
- Am I responsible for my own health?
This session won’t provide you with answers, but it will challenge and empower you to begin exploring some of the most critical questions of our time. Only by having a healthy debate about these uneasy questions can we strive to ensure the balance is weighted toward innovative healthcare solutions that improve - not hinder - our lives.