The relationship between science and fiction, technology and utopia, was the subject of many sessions at the re:publica. Speakers and visitors put their heads together to come up with strategies on how to bring the visions of science and fiction closer to a broader audience.
- Science Fiction-Brain Reading: What can people tell about you from looking at your brain activity? Come and learn about the current status of brain reading technologies.
- Science Fiction-Bots are convincing us that they are humans. Can we make our computers believe that we are robots?
Rene Magritte draw a pipe and wrote "This is not a pipe." (Treachery of images) That is one of the biggest challenges for image processing in Computer Science.
How can we use this methodology to cheat a computer?
Autonomous cars will be there soon, using a variety of techniques to detect their surroundings, such as radar, GPS, cameras, laser light, computer vision, sensors. Can we make a car believe that we are just some roadside trees?
- re:learn-A linear, predictable life would call for linear, predictable studies. Yet, in this day and age, lives are everything but predictable. Learning has to follow the pace: it has to be agile, timely and individualized. While learning is changing, learners’ unique questions, challenges, interests and personalities are still seen more as an annoyance than a fertile ground for learning.
So what’s next?
Let’s explore a world where all humans will be supported in becoming their greatest selves everywhere, all the time, by all of us. Share your thoughts and questions in advance via #NewLearning + #rp17.
- Science Fiction-A robot builder and a Robot Psychiatrist walk into a bar- and talk.
- Business & Work-Transformational Confidence - Designing the human role in the age of artificial intelligence.
- Science Fiction-We are sensory beings, constantly taking in information to form our perception of the world around us. Yet our major forms of storytelling often only speak to our eyes and our ears. The Feelies creates multisensory VR content that speaks to all your senses, and is working on how this can be used for social cohesion and more empathetic, emotive storytelling.
- Science Fiction-Science Fiction-AutorInnen haben die meisten Technologien der letzten Jahrzehnte erfunden und vorhergesagt. Und sie sind diejenigen, die neue Ideen für das Zusammenleben in Gesellschaften entwickeln. Sie treibt die Lust am Spielen, Ausprobieren und der Aufbau neuer Welten. Inzwischen verpflichten Unternehmen wie Microsoft Science Fiction-AutorInnen, um ihre Produkte in sinnvolle gesellschaftliche Szenarios hinein zu entwickeln.
- Science Fiction-This science:fiction panel discussion will assemble curators, who (recently) organised exhibition projects within the broad spectrum of science fiction highlighting motives from literature, art and music inspiring technological visions and development.