Business & Work
- Business & Work-Let's speak about ‚good‘ companys and how they need to be supported by good regulations on the national and European level. Those who produce at the costs of us all have to be stopped – because everybody gains from sustainability.
- Business & Work-What if a climate action initiative were as popular as Uber? Imagine if for every apartment on Airbnb, the equivalent area of rainforest were restored. As daily habits, interactions and activities increasingly move online, tech companies have an unprecedented opportunity to harness the power of the global community and turn one of the most profitable, fast growing and global industries into the driving force behind accelerating climate action.
- Business & Work-My name is Vasilis Gkogkidis, I work in gamifcation and this a fun session on a boat. I will do this session with Ercan Altug Yilmaz, a fellow gamification expert from Turkey.
The point we want to prove with this session called 'Let's make networking more fun!' is that games can be used to improve networking and the way we communicate and collaborate.
- Business & Work-There's a lot of excitement about decentralising technology, often flavoured with a naïve wish that tech can solve the difficult problems of working with humans. Frankly, decentralised tech is pretty fragile without decentralised governance. In this talk I'll share some lessons from the last 6 years of working in Enspiral, a network of self-organising companies.
- Business & Work-Organizations try to live up to our fast paced digital world by building digital labs, startup-like cultures and experimenting with new ways of working. However, trying to just follow the speed of a digitized world soon becomes a trap.
Jan-Philipp went to a monastery in the Myanmar jungle, meditating from sunrise to sundown to learn a century-old technique that can avoid falling into this "digital trap". While the technique helps to lead ourselves and others more effectively, we can also scale it to the entire organization.
Research, Google, SAP and others have already proven that happier employees and higher productivity are well accepted side effects.
- Business & Work-The digital community in the Arab countries is very diverse, but also fragmented and unconnected. It consists mainly of young people. A new initiative called 'Digital Arabia' is trying to connect the digital community to cultural, political, economic and social networks.
- Business & Work-Data is becoming a fundamental infrastructure because it enables transparency, accountability, public services, business innovation and civil society.
- Business & Work-A dynamic innovation ecosystem is under way in the Thessaloniki, as an emerging group of inspired, globally-focused and highly educated entrepreneurs offer unprecedented investment opportunities in software, energy, engineering, agrotech, digital health, security and they help the country on the path to recovery.
- Business & Work-The capacity of humankind to store, transmit and manipulate information has been massively expanded in recent years as a result of a number of crucial innovations in computing and telecommunications technologies. Because of their general applicability, such technologies are having very significant effects in most areas of the economy, leading to a general acceleration in the pace of technical change. Work, its content, its organisation and design, and its regulation and protection are all undergoing change. These changes come with new realities and often bring a blurring of boundaries between different dimensions of work and between work, employment and non-work activity. Policymakers want to seize the opportunities for dynamic economic development and ensure that individual preferences can be followed. At the same time, they need to gain knowledge that will help to address the questions about effective regulation and how to ensure social protection in its broadest sense. Eurofound is the Agency of the European Union tasked with monitoring living and working conditions in Europe. This session will be an opportunity to learn more about the broader implications for working conditions, labour regulation and beyond of the increasing scale and scope of digital technologies for the labour market. The employment impact of the automation of services will be explored.The nature of employment in the digital economy will be discussed, with a focus on the opportunities but also the policy challenges associated with more specific forms of employment that are new or expanding as a result of technological change. The overall aim of our research is to provide a forward-looking analysis of trends. Eurofound wants to support the policy debate through the development of plausible scenarios, taking into account different growth models, outlining what the future world of work could look like.