- Fashiontech-In this talk, I will talk about my research at RWTH Aachen University, the 'programming-by-infection' bootloader for organic Wearables, iron-on LEDs called WEAR-LEDs and why we want to create the Internet of Textile Things that connects Smart Fashion.
- Fashiontech-The main concern about commercial activity trackers from companies like Fitbit, Sony, Polar, Garmin and others is that users don't own their data and they don't have control about how their data is used by the companies. That's why we started developing an open hardware and open source alternative: okinesio.
- Fashiontech-Hardware — other than Bay Area-like software — is a field Germany’s leading. World class 'Mittelstand’ companies have long been the pinnacle of inventiveness, excellence, and job creation. Truly global competition and ever shorter product cycles necessitate a new approach towards innovation.
- Fashiontech-Thanks to 3D printing, developer kits, crowdfunding and the IoT wave, hardware became en vogue. Nevertheless, hardware is still hard and most projects fail! You should attend the talk, if you want to learn about the most common hardware startup challenges during an average first year and how you can solve them.
- Fashiontech-Learn how to sew LEDs into your clothes. Workshop is limited to 15 people.. Bring a piece of clothing..
- Fashiontech-A short talk about disruption throughout different industries and why model-agencys tend to be next in line after taxis, cars and flats.
Tim Mittelstaedt introduces manneqn: the model-booking platform that gives back power to the fashion-models
- Fashiontech-This talk explores the concept of empowering women in communities via fashion design and e-commerce.
- Fashiontech-Our human ‘activities of understanding’ have created a dependency on data, information and knowledge. This comes —as Georg Franck notes— at a high price of time and energy resources.