- re:health-Microfluidics is the physics behind moving fluids in small amounts. The applications of microfluidics are in sciences where 'little is plenty", such as biology, chemistry, medicine. Microfludics can save costs by reducing the fluidic amounts, and also time, as those tiny fluids have a flow of their own and can move around by themselves. We have developed portable microfluidic chips for measuring the quality of your environment: water, soil, and even of your health: semen, hormonal level.
At this workshop, you will build such a chip yourself.
- re:healthI dream of a future of democratic healthcare, where people will 3D print their own medication anytime anywhere. To get there, I have started with building a personal lab: a small portable device that can be easily configured to run biological experiments. Think of a tablet or notebook, just, instead of operating with information bits, it operates with cells and reagents embedded in droplets.
I dedicate my whole time to making a personal lab possible. Building a portable hardware, a usable software and an educated community to use it, are just small steps towards my vision. However, if my efforts turn successful ... imagine the possibilities!
- re:health-There are more than 285 mio. Visually handicapped people worldwide. For them, Social Media is a major instrument to interact with others. The problem: Social media communication gets more and more visually affected. We wanted to use technology to overcome this problem.
Hence we create the first picture format that is accessible for all people and combines information and emotion: The photo App FotoOto.
- re:health-E-Mental-Health-Anwendungen, also web-basierte Therapiemodelle und Selbsthilfe-Tools, werden aktuell als große Chance für die Verbesserung der psychischen Gesundheitsversorgung diskutiert. Das EU-Projekt eMEN hat das Ziel, die Qualität und die Nutzungsrate von E-Mental-Health-Technologien zu erhöhen und damit den ungedeckten Bedarf in der Prävention und Behandlung zu reduzieren. Wir möchten in diesem Workshop mit Euch über Nutzerfreundlichkeit und Qualitätsstandards diskutieren und das eMEN-Projekt sowie die deutschen Partner vorstellen.
- re:health-Es ist verlockend einfach: etwas Spucke genügt für einen "Direct-to-Consumer"-Gentest, der im Internet bestellt werden kann. Je nach Test werden unterschiedliche Krankheitsrisiken und genetische Veranlagungen untersucht. Die Hoffnungen sind groß, dass diese Technologie die Medizin (mit) revolutioniert, die üblichen Buzzwords in dem Zusammenhang sind Big Data, personalisierte Medizin, Empowerment. Wo liegen die Fallstricke? Und was hat Angelina Jolie mit all dem zu tun?
- re:health-We want to speak about a future in which everybody creates his/her own technology in a way the lines between assistive technologies and body enhancements start to blurr.
At the Maker Fair 2015 in Berlin the project "Made for my Wheelchair" with Raul Krauthausen started with workshops and ideas for objects for wheelchair created by the people who needs them.
We discuss with participants and users of DIY body enhancement projects about their experiences.
- re:health-Refugee First Response Center (RFRC). A standard shipping container transformed into a telemedicine facility. Six weeks from idea to execution to live implementation. Almost 4.000 translations since November 2nd 2015. What has come about through a spontaneous idea to “hack” a container and through our collaboration in the local community with both the department of public health and Universitätsklinik Hamburg-Eppendorf, underlines the primary purpose of “smart health”: to help people.
The RFRC unit can be transported anywhere, providing medical professionals with the tools and space they need to conduct proper medical exams at refugee camps. Using video translation services, medical professionals click one button and are connected with more than 750 specialized interpreters in more than 50 languages. This engagement has helped thousands receive medical attention, and already inspired a philanthropic donation of $1 million to build 10 more RFRC units.
- re:health-Ida Tin, CEO and co-founder of Clue, the world’s fastest growing period tracking and fertility app will talk about how we can use data to fill the gaps in the vastly under-researched field of female health and reproductive health.
- re:health-Health apps, add real value? True or Fake –
Join us in this exciting session where top influencers on mobile health will ‘fight’ to reveal the truth about this outstanding trend. Health apps are hot, moreover, they are a powerful market, the past years, an enormous increase in the number of available health-related applications (apps) has occurred, there are more than 165,000 mHealth apps in a market worth $489m. However, little is still known regarding the effectiveness and risks of these applications.
- re:health-Von der Neuroscience lernen wir, dass Gedächtnis und Navigation zusammenhängen. Die ‚innere Karte‘ denkt mit. Als Mittel, um im Zeitalter der Navis - und demnächst der autonomen Fahrzeuge – wieder innere Karten entstehen zu lassen, möchten wir eine Story-Map zur Diskussion stellen.
Keywords: Local Radio, Podcasts, Maps, Health