Research & Education
How can we (digitally) relearn and keep learning? Research & Education presents intergenerational concepts, ideas and projects from the areas of education and science. What topics should make the jump out of the laboratories and clusters of excellence onto the stages and into (other) people’s heads? From digital literacy to open science, from science over the humanities and social science all the way to smart boards, and from information science to liquid democracy in schools. Hack the ivory tower and the classroom!
- Research & Education-Learning technologies are the future of society. Some argue that they will become obsolete, but we believe that they will play a vital role in our daily lives. Learning technologies (or edtech) may not take the traditional application format on your mobile device in ten years, but instead, be integrated into your work life and personal life as wearable or even embedded devices.
We have seen a jump to virtual reality and augmented reality followed just a step behind. What is the future? An exploration of what we have learned and what we have to learn about learning and teaching in a digital age. A session for anyone interested in changing the face of learning.
- Research & Education-Rapidly advancing scientific research is among the main transforming actors of our societies today. Citizen Science can promote public awareness, encourage meaningful contribution to research projects and empower local and global communities. How can we rethink school education through the prism of Citizen Science? And how can we start from schools to re-establish the links between scientific research and society, while promoting awareness and collaboration?
- Research & Education-Find out how to adjust to current challenges of the new digital era. Learn about skills and tools you will need in the near future!
- Research & Education-Startups are Eating the World!
Should so called liberal Universities Encourage Entrepreneurship amongst students and researchers?
Are Millenials more Entrepreneurial than Baby Boomers?
Is Generation Z more entrepreneurial than Millenials?
Are startups a lifestyle choice , a disease or mass hysteria?
What are the traits of an entrrepreneur?
Mental Health of Founders.
- Research & Education-The field of data visualization is dominated by utilitarian approach to information design, which, in our opinion, leaves not enough room for personal and emotional aspects of the relationship between humans and data. In order to make that relationship more human, we started to work with physical data visualization in the context of experience design. In this talk, we will present our work, both in terms of workshops we organized and collaborative dataviz pieces we produced.
- Research & Education-Digital tools are not only improving the life of people but also changing the heart of education. How can the life of learners and daily classroom practices be affected by technology? Can digital technology create the right conditions for all students to develop their creativity and critical thinking? Does it effect cultural changes? This session aims at providing insight into the amazing possibilities of digital tools to people in the field of education, technology enthusiasts and anyone interested in using digital technology creatively.
- Research & Education-The purpose of this session is to present online-tools which are are suitable for drug-users and explain why or how they work and why some online-tools are not recommended for active drug users. It whould be also interesting to show up the experiences of Greece in the mentioned project.
- Research & Education-
- Research & Education-Wir können in der virtuellen Welt alles tun, aber unseren Körper können wir nicht austricksen.
- Research & Education-Nach langer Suche haben wir den letzten Ort im Urheberrecht gefunden, der sich zur Zufriedenheit aller reformieren lässt: Wir machen einen Vorschlag, mehr staatliche Werke als bisher vom urheberrechtlichen Schutz auszunehmen und alle können damit glücklich sein.
- Research & Education-There is an incredible opportunity to build new and interesting ways to learn together online. MOOCs dominate the conversation, but only scratch the surface of what is possible. Better learning will happen when more people, not just academics and universities, gets involved in building, experimenting, and innovating.
- Research & Education-Massive open online courses will disrupt higher education by putting unprecedented pressure on universities, both financially and in terms of quality (or the lack thereof). But without a clear goal for the purpose of higher education, that disruption is bound to leave a pile of educational rubble, and us none the wiser.