27.-29. Mai 2024
Setting up a DIT hydroponics unit
The objective of this workshop is to manufacture devices to facilitate hydroponics farming.
More simply, through equipment such as PVC pipes, we can produce on small surfaces and with high efficiency.
In vertical hydropic culture, we can produce more than fifty of lettuce for example against a foot of lettuce in traditional culture.
Through this workshop, we will show step-by-step to the participants how they can make their own system that can work anywhere.
They will just need the following
- 1.5-liter plastic water bottles (recycled)
- Plastic coffee cups (recycled)
- PVC pipe (with Elbows for connection and junction)
- A water pump with piping (see aquarium pumps)
- Metal (square tube 35) - NB: if you don't, you can take wood or bamboo or any other solution that can serve as support.
- Angle iron (45) - NB: if you don't have it, you can take wood or bamboo or any other solution that can serve as a support.
- Wood: rulers, cleats.
- clay balls
- Coco fiber
- Salad sowing (or any suitable crop)
Koffi Dodji Honou's participation at re:publica 23 is kindly made possible by the Robert Bosch Foundation.