5-7th June 2023
Arena Berlin & Festsaal Kreuzberg
We can hardly wait: In a few days the #rp22 will start!
We have summarised the most important information for you so that you can enjoy the festival in a relaxed and safe way and not miss any exciting highlights.
The opening hours of re:publica 22:
- Wednesday 8 June 2022: Admission: 09:00 | Programme start: 10:30 | Evening programme: from 21:00
- Thursday 9 June 2022: Admission: 09:00 | Start of programme: 10:00 | Evening programme: from 21:00
- Friday 10 June 2022: Admission: 09:00 | Programme start: 10:00 | Evening programme: from 21:00
- Saturday 11 June 2022: .txt: Admission: 09:00 a.m. | Programme start: 10:00 a.m.
We recommend that you allow enough time for accreditation, as experience shows that the rush is greatest on the first day.
If you can, then come already to the:
- pre:publica: Tuesday 7 June 2022 | Admission: 4:00 p.m. Here you can already get accredited from 4-8 p.m. and thus avoid any waiting times on day 1.
What you should bring this year
Bring your own…
- Lanyards: For reasons of sustainability, we will not be producing lanyards this year. We are sure that almost all of you have an old one at home, so please bring one and reuse it.
- T-shirts: Merchandise will be produced on demand in the "re:publica Sweat Shop". Shirts and bags can be printed and recycled on site.
- Headphones: For the programme on our headphone stages, we ask you this year to bring your own headphones (with cable & jack connection).
- Swimwear: For the first time, we have our own pool in the festival location with the bathing ship. So if you want to treat yourself to a little refreshment in between and go for a swim, don't forget your swimwear.
Our main entrance is located at Eichenstraße 4. Within Berlin, we recommend travelling by public transport or bicycle. The S&U stations Warschauer Straße and U Schlesische Straße are about 15-20 minutes away on foot, the S-Bahn station Treptower Park is an 11-minute walk.
If you are travelling to #rp22 with an e-scooter, e-moped or bikesharing, there is a Jelbi parking area at the entrances to Arena Berlin and Festsaal Kreuzberg. All other areas are unfortunately closed for parking. It's best to book your sharing vehicles in the Jelbi app. Whether bus or train, scooter or bike, car or van, shuttle or taxi: register once and drive everything—all mobility offers in the app.
Our mobility partner WeShare will make your journey to #rp22 as easy as possible. With WeShare's car-sharing offers, you can park directly in front of the re:publica in a designated parking area, where you will be welcomed by the WeShare team. With the code WESHARExREPUBLICA you will also get 4 times 5€ discount per ride as a new customer. The code can be redeemed until 19 June and is valid for 30 days after activation. Information on how to redeem the code can be found here.
Please note: Not everything is allowed on the re:publica grounds. Here is an overview of what you can and cannot bring with you:
- Plastic bottles up to 1.5 litres and thermos flasks are allowed. Glass bottles over 1 litre are not allowed on the grounds.
- Large backpacks, sports bags, travel bags and suitcases can be left at the cloakroom. You are welcome to take backpacks, handbags and laptop bags inside.
- Dangerous items such as weapons, ammunition and pyrotechnic products are prohibited on the grounds. They cannot be taken into custody.
- Animals, with the exception of therapy dogs, are unfortunately not allowed on the grounds.
- Bicycles, e-scooters, scooters, e-boards, skateboards and roller skates must also remain outside.
Hygiene & safety
For re:publica 22, we have very consciously chosen a location with generous outdoor space, and the very spacious main hall of the Arena Berlin is not only extremely well ventilated, but also allows for safety distances between guests. In addition, we offer a live stream for the main stage in the large hall, so that even those guests who find it too crowded in the hall can follow the current events outside.
As an event, we are no longer allowed to check vaccination certificates, but we do ask our visitors to attend the event with vaccinations only, if possible, and ideally to carry out daily self-tests. We also recommend wearing FFP2 mouth/nose protection and keeping your distance in the large main hall. In small rooms we have decided that masks are compulsory, signage will point this out and if necessary the security staff will remind people. FFP2 masks will be available for purchase on the grounds.
Further information can be found here.
The festival location
To make sure you get to the programme sessions quickly and don't miss anything, you can find our location map. Printed maps will be available at the registration counters and at the Info Point during the event.
Stage 1 in the Arena Halle is our largest stage, where you will see some of the highlights of the conference programme. Here you will also find our Headphone Stage 2, the Lightning Boxes, our Makerspace and the stands of our partners, the Get a Job! area and the re:publica Home Base.
There is another (headphone) stage in the beautiful Glashaus; our new networking event .txt will also take place here on 11 June.
Flutgraben e.V. is a non-profit art association and offers a lot of space for a variety of artists, groups and initiatives. In this sense, we dedicate ourselves to activist and artistic topics at this location.
The Arena Club will be transformed into an immersive "Media Parcours" for #rp22. In the winding rooms of the building, we will show video works by up-and-coming artists.
The large outdoor area directly on the water with our outdoor stage "The Beach", the bathing ship and the Hoppetosse will inspire you!
In the Festsaal Kreuzberg you will find our second largest stage as well as the beer garden stage outside. Tincon will take place here on 10 and 11 June.
In addition, numerous off-stage highlights invite you to discover them all over the grounds.
Put together your personal programme schedule, get news and updates as well as all information on the speakers, locations and partners of re:publica Berlin 22! You can find it in the App Store for Android here and for iOS here.
The re:publica has always been a place for engagement and responsibility, for emancipation and empathy in (digital) society. As an established major event, we are also aware of our special responsibility and want to make our contribution to a sustainable development of society - in programme and production. To this end, we are testing recycling and upcycling concepts, working on low barriers, strategies for more energy efficiency and waste avoidance; from short distances to recyclable trade fair construction and equipment to vegan and vegetarian catering—we want to make #rp22 as sustainable as possible for and with you. An overview of our sustainability activities, interviews and all information can be found here.
Food & Drinks
Our food court with a large selection of food stands is located in the outdoor arena area. Drinks and coffee stands are also available in the Arena Halle, on the beach and in and around the Festsaal Kreuzberg. Please note that this year we will only be offering vegetarian and vegan dishes.
Accessibility & inclusion
The festival grounds of re:publica 2022 are accessible. A large part of the festival site is barrier-free accessible—the Hoppetosse and Escobar are unfortunately not barrier-free.
The programme on Stage 1 will be simultaneously translated into German and English.
In addition, a team of sign language interpreters will be on duty on all days of the event. You can ask for them at the Infopoint.
We are still in the early stages of a comprehensive awareness concept, but will already ensure that people who experience discrimination at #rp22 or feel uncomfortable or even threatened in any way have a contact point to get help.
You can reach our awareness team at awareness at re-publica.com, at the Infopoint or at our Home Base (in the Arena Halle).
The re:publica thrives on peaceful and helpful togetherness. Experience the big reunion together in 2022 and the best re:publica you could wish for. If you get stuck, have questions or need help, come by our re:publica Info Point at the entrance to the Arena Hall or tweet us and we will help you.
If you need tips on orientation or the programme, you can post your question on Twitter with the hashtag #askthementor. Our mentors will be happy to help and advise you.
As every year, photos and videos will be taken during the re:publica. You can find the photos on our Flickr channel.
We need your feedback! As always, we are interested in your opinions, because your feedback is extremely valuable for us to further develop and improve our formats and content. Therefore, we would like to invite you to participate in our short online participant survey for #rp22.
Greetings in anticipation and THANK YOU!
Your re:publica team!